Welcome to the Bowling Section
Interested in joining? Download the application form here.
For information, specific to your preferences, please use the tabs below for relevant information. Otherwise our Calendar and Noticeboard are full of the latest news and events.
Membership of our Bowling Section is currently OPEN and we are running a limited introductory offer to join our Bowling section for €110.00. We welcome new members from beginners, to experienced players. Please register your interest in our Club by filling out the form.
Return your application to us by email, or download a copy, fill it in, and post for the attention of Hon Sec, Blackrock and Tennis Bowling Club, Green Road, Blackrock, and we will contact you ASAP to organise a tour of our facilities.
Blackrock Bowls Shop was setup to provide both new and experienced bowlers in Ireland with an easy way to purchase lawn bowls, bags, shoes, clothing and accessories at competitive prices. We have stock displayed in Blackrock Bowling & Tennis Club.
On a sunny Saturday morning with the hum of the lawnmower cutting the green in preparation for the afternoon’s match & the birds singing in the background, is a very special place. It is one of those magic moments when all is right with the world. Our founders chose well.
We are always open to new members & would love you to come along, rollup & try our bowling green. We welcome bowlers of all ages. If you are a complete beginner & need a word of encouragement or an experienced player looking for competition you will get it in Blackrock. Come along we have something for everyone.
Leagues; Ladies Fixtures & Events.
- Division 1 team play league matches on Wednesday afternoons @ 2.30 p.m. 16 ladies with four rinks of four ladies on each rink. The season starts end of April, right through to early September.
- Division 3 team play Thursday afternoon @2.30p.m. 8 ladies with two rinks again four ladies on each rink.
- Saturday League is played on Saturday mornings @11a.m. 4 ladies one rink, this provides an opportunity for beginners & the more experienced players to play together.
- L.B.L.I. Competitions. Members enter competitions such as Montgomery Cup ( Singles), Moran Cup (Pairs), Rhona Eager Trophy (Triples) Robinson Cup( Fours) & Over 55’s etc..
- Winter league is played from late September through to February. This is played on artificial greens & Dun Laoghaire have facilitated Blackrock over the years, as a home ground. The Winter league is a mixed event & provides an opportunity for all levels to play together & gain experience.
- Social Mixed Bowling is played on Tuesday & Friday from 10.30.a.m. – 12.30.p.m. throughout the full calendar year. Any new comer is welcome to join us & roll up. There’s a vast amount of bowling experience with in the group. Each one eager to encourage a new member. Then after our game, we relax with cup of tea or a drink and a chat to catch up on local events & latest club news.
- Ladies practice time is Monday afternoons. However, the green is also available for individual or small group practice throughout the week.
We are always looking for new bowlers, from the absolute beginner to the seasoned bowler. If you would like to have a go, please make contact with us. Bowls is an ideal for those who love playing team sports and want to get back into a team environment. We would be delighted to show you around and organise for you to try bowls at first hand. We have a special introductory bowling membership for only €110 for the year. This is a great opportunity to join the clubs vibrant bowling section.
2016 sees Blackrock field teams in Divisions 1,3,5, and Vets league of the Bowling League of Ireland. We welcome bowlers of all ages and standards – don’t worry if you are a complete beginner, there will always be a friendly face in Blackrock to help you to get up and running! We have coaching available for beginners and bowlers of all levels and our teams cater for bowlers of all levels.
Following last weeks Mens Bowling AGM, the newly elected Bowling Committee are looking forward to pulling together a full schedule of bowling activities for all our members right the way through the 2016 season. More details will be coming your way soon.
In the mean time watch out for the different social events taking place between now and Christmas. These events are a great opportunity to meet up with your fellow members and catch up on all the club news.
Ladies Committee 2017
Deirdre McCann Lady Captain
Valerie Doherty Hon Sec
Carole MacGinty Hon Treasurer
Deirdre McCann Captain Div 1
Mary McNulty Comp Captain Div 3
TBD Captain Saturday League
Patricia Moore Comp. Sec
Patricia Murphy Senior Selector
Carol McQuade Senior Selector
P. Murphy/D.McCann LBLI Delegates
Mens Committee 2017
Martin Ryan Club Captain
Pat Byrne Hon Sec
Barre Carroll Hon Tres
Alan Geary Captain Div 1
John Mooney Captain Div 3
TBD Captain Div 5
Charlie Lynch Captain Vets
TBD Comp Sec
Pat Byrne BLI Delegate
Michael Scanlon Senior Selector
TBD Junior Selector
Shay Hammond Board Liasion
Chairperson – Shay Hammond