NEW MEMBERS: Membership of our Bowling Section is currently OPEN and we are running a limited introductory offer to join our Bowling section for €110.00 plus €70 bar voucher. We welcome new members from beginners, to experienced players. If you are interested in joining please access ABOUT THE CLUB tab to obtain an Application form.
For information, specific to your preferences, please use the tabs below for relevant information. Please check the CALENDAR & NEWS/EVENTS (at the top of the screen) for listings & dates of upcoming events and also see below for more details.
On a sunny Saturday morning with the hum of the lawnmower cutting the green in preparation for the afternoon’s match & the birds singing in the background, is a very special place. It is one of those magic moments when all is right with the world. Our founders chose well.
We are always open to new members & would love you to come along, rollup & try our bowling green. Please contact the Lady Captain Deirdre McCann if you would like to visit the Club, try a roll-up on the Green or obtain any further information (Email: email@example.com).
We welcome bowlers of all ages. If you are a complete beginner & need a word of encouragement or an experienced player looking for competition you will get it in Blackrock. Come along – we have something for everyone.
Leagues; Ladies Fixtures & Events.
- Division 1 team play league matches on Wednesday afternoons @ 2.30 p.m. 16 ladies with four rinks of four ladies on each rink. The season starts end of April, right through to early September.
- Division 3 team play Thursday afternoon @2.30p.m. 8 ladies with two rinks again four ladies on each rink.
- Saturday League is played on Saturday mornings @11a.m. 4 ladies one rink, this provides an opportunity for beginners & the more experienced players to play together.
- L.B.L.I. Competitions. Members enter competitions such as Montgomery Cup ( Singles), Moran Cup (Pairs), Rhona Eager Trophy (Triples) Robinson Cup( Fours) & Over 55’s etc..
- Winter league is played from late September through to February. This is played on artificial greens & Dun Laoghaire have facilitated Blackrock over the years, as a home ground. The Winter league is a mixed event & provides an opportunity for all levels to play together & gain experience.
- Indoor Bowling – Social Mixed indoor bowling is played on Monday evenings (7.30-9pm), Tuesday mornings & Friday mornings (10.30 – 12.30 pm) throughout the full calendar year. Any new comer is welcome to join us & roll up. There’s a vast amount of bowling experience within the group. Each one eager to encourage a new member. Then after our game, we relax with cup of tea or a drink and a chat to catch up on local events & latest club news.
- Ladies practice time is Monday afternoons. However, the green is also available for individual or small group practice throughout the week.
We are always looking for new bowlers, from the absolute beginner to the seasoned bowler. If you would like to have a go, please make contact with us. Bowls is an ideal game for those who love playing team sports and want to get back into a team environment. We would be delighted to show you around and organise for you to try bowls at first hand. We have a special introductory bowling membership for €110 for the year (Plus €70 bar credit/voucher for use in the bar). This is a great opportunity to join the club’s vibrant bowling section.
We welcome bowlers of all ages and standards – don’t worry if you are a complete beginner, there will always be a friendly face in Blackrock to help you to get up and running! We have coaching available for beginners and bowlers of all levels and our teams cater for bowlers of all levels.
Ladies Committee 2020
Lady Captain: Patricia Moore
Hon.Secretary: Carole MacGinty
Hon.Treasurer: Sheelagh Briody
Competition Secretary: Jo GIbney
LBLI Delegate: Maria Jackson
Mens Committee 2020
Men’s Captain: Stephen Flynn
Hon Secretary: Paul Sharpe
Hon Treasurer: Gerry Doherty
B.L.I. Delegate: Pat Byrne
Senior Selector: Michael Scanlon
Recruitment Secretary: Stephen Flynn
Comp.Secretary: Ross Watson
Captain 1st Team: Martin Ryan
Captain 2nd Team: Paul Whelan
Captain 3rd Team: Eddie Cawley
Captain Vets: Frank Greene